Funding for Research & Travel
Graduate students interested in opportunities through the Department of Art History should refer to the Graduate Awards page for more information.
Applications for departmental awards are typically reviewed twice per year, and are due by October 15 and March 15 of each academic year.
Additional opportunities for funding may be available through the various Rice University centers and offices listed below.
- Humanities Research Center
- Center for the Study of Women, Gender and Sexuality
- Graduate Student Association
- Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
Certificates & Special Seminars
PhD students in our program have the opportunity to complete formal certification in interdisciplinary programs and to participate in interdisciplinary special seminars.
- Center for African and African American Studies
- Center for the Study of Women, Gender and Sexuality Graduate Certificate
- Center for Teaching Excellence Certificate in Teaching and Learning
- Andrew W. Mellon Graduate Dissertation Writing Seminar (application notice sent via email each June)