An introduction to major movements, practices and theories of film and media from 1945 to present, this course will:
- Introduce students to major developments in cinema and media from 1945 to the present;
- Study films of some of the most prominent directors across the globe;
- Introduce students to essential texts in film theory;
- Examine the emergence of visual technologies such as television, panoramas, and digital film production;
- Discuss the interactions between moving images and the socio-political contexts within which they were produced.
Required course for Cinema and Media Studies minor.